Learn more about the 5 Top Events in Business Intelligence in 2010
For the first time in 5 years, Business Intelligence (BI) was not top of Gartner’s list of CIOs’ priorities for IT spending. But a look at the top 5 BI events in 2010 gives businesses a big steer on how BI’s profile will change. It still leads in terms of spend: application integration became a function of BI so consolidated information could be shared across the business. Mobile and social BI took applications beyond the physical limits of the business and transformed companies’ understanding of their user communities and markets.
Here’s the top 5:
- Market growth: BI led the market for IT spend. CXOs got the benefits of data integration and lower risk decisions.
- The iPad: Mobile BI has been around for years, but the executive-friendly iPad opened the floodgates of businesses taking a serious look at mobile analytics.
- Data warehousing got exciting: Suddenly the technical improvements turned into business benefit, and we got the analysis of unstructured web data.
- Social BI: Companies realised they couldn’t measure the data they didn’t own. Google Wave encouraged vendors to look at offerings for 2011.
- The BIg merge: The mega-vendors increased share (sometimes by acquisition) and integrated analytics. It proved that getting the technology to people is what counts and blurs the line between BI and those other technologies.
What does this mean to you? It means that BI technology has matured and that deployment is critical. That is, you need to give users the benefit of the information you can extract from line of business applications and 3rd party repositories like web sites and blogs, and then distribute according to peoples’ needs.
If you are considering your BI strategy and want to get to the heart of your business challenges contact us to arrange your Complimentary BI Discovery Workshop, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on o844 225 2480
Tags: application integration. consolidated information, BI, Business Intelligence, data integrator, Gartner, mobile BI